Friday, November 14, 2008

FFF in a nutshell

OK - here is a rundown of my Fun Fun Fun favorites.

Experimental Dental School, a rockin duo and an unexpected surprise. They just finished touring with Deerhunter if that is any indicator as to their coolness.
Dengue Fever, indie cambodian pop and nothing but goodness. I have been a fan of these guys for a long time and it was awesome to finally see them live.
Terp 2 It, yet another unexpected surprise. I don't even know what the hell was going on, but this guy had a whole crew of evangelists running through the crowd touting the word and praising the name of Terp 2 It.
...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of the Dead. Being a former Austinite, I can't believe I never saw these guys live. Aside from having the least photogenic frontman on the planet, it was a great set.
Doctor Octagon/Kool Kieth. I really don't dig the Kool kieth stuff, which comprised the first half of the set, but I (and the whole crowd) went nuts when he busted out with the Doc Oc material.
Minus the Bear, my runner up for best in show, what a killer set!
Deerhoof, HANDS DOWN best of the whole fest. Great mix of tunes with lots of stuff from my favorite record Runners Four. Totally blew my mind, also cool because Tim and Eric where standing next to me in the photographers pit.

No comments: