Thursday, August 14, 2008

A photogs paradise.

If you are a photographer and you shoot a lot of film - then San Francisco is your city. Of course the city, and for that matter the entire Bay Area, is totally beautiful and photogenic. But what makes the city so fantastic are the photographic facilities, Newlab, Rayko, Photo Epicenter (Hamburger Eyes), and so much more.

I have taken a liking to Photo Epicenter, which also serves as the home of the Hamburger Eyes photo zine (check it out). The facility has a few enlarger rooms for both color and B/W, a few scanners, and a gallery space.. I bought a package of hours and spent the better part of the night scanning some negatives, unfortunately I am not super happy with the results. The sleaves that hold the negatives don't allow you to scan the whole frame, but I have a feeling that I can just put the negatives on the glass and get the full scan I am looking for.

Here are a few scans from last night.





PEACE to you all!

No comments: