Friday, September 19, 2008

Prepare to be amazed!

So I spend a lot of time at the Rayko photo center developing and printing my work. Yesterday, as I was washing a few prints and preparing to head home I noticed one of the most amazing images I had ever seen. I was in total disbelief that an image so beatiful was even possible, I mean WOW! Turns out the creator is a woman named Susan Sims-Hillbrand, I spoke with her a bit (after asking a few people if the print belonged to them!) and continued oogling over the piece.

Really, my head is swirling. I have been literally dreaming about similar images and filling the pages of my notebook with mockups of long exposure portraits full of depth and creative imagery. Seeing just one of her images filled me with such a spark of creative hope and confidence at the shear possibilities of light and film that I can hardly contain myself.

I am not going to post any of her images, rather I will send you to her website (which I spent hours on last night) so that you can enjoy the work for yourself.

The work of Susan Sims-Hillbrand

BTW, the piece that (almost literally) blew my mind is the last image in the Penlight 2006-2008 set. Enjoy!

PEACE to you all!

No comments: