Thursday, January 24, 2008

pedal power

about six months ago i made a pretty radical decision, i got rid of my car. my life circumstances are such that i found myself using it barely once a week - i live in the west campus area with eveyrthing i need within walking distance. for the most part i telecommute from my favorite coffe shops - but when i do need to go into the office it is hardly a mile from my home. my car was just sitting there, wasting space.

making the transition to being a full time cycle commuter was more of a personal challenge than anything else. although it would be nice to say i did it for ecological or economic reasons - that wasn't the case. i just wanted to prove i could do it. other than the urge for the occasional road trip, i have yet to miss owning a car. it is nice to wake up every morning and think to myself - "well what type of mood am i in, is it a fixed gear or freewheel type of day?" :)





peace!

No comments: